10/17/2011

I love It

In the last couple weeks I’ve been on a huge Salmon kick. Specifically Wild Caught Salmon. I first saw a recipe on Joanne’s blog for Sweet Chipotle Glazed Salmon, I couldn’t wait to make it. Unfortunately, do to bad planning, the can of chipotles in adobo I thought I had in my lazy suzan was not there. So I improvised. Have you guys had Red Pepper Jelly? I wrote about it a couple weeks ago, but its pretty much the best thing in the world. So I made Red Pepper Jelly glazed Salmon and it was delicious. I served this along side sweetened quinoa with golden raisins and a tablespoon or two of the Jelly and spicy Kale Chips.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Red Pepper Jelly
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 (6-7 oz) wild Atlantic salmon fillets
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450. Mix jam, vinegar, and cumin in the bowl. Season glaze to taste with salt. Coat a small rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange salmon and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Spread glaze over each fillet and cook for about 10 minutes.
I mean how quick and easy is that? Then the next night I made a recipe inspired by Cara’s site for Mango Habernero Salmon. Only I made Mango Jalapeno Salsa. And it was insanely spicy. But I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment